Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Marsellus Wallace's Briefcase

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Beaumont-4's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WOW!!! This page is getting filled! Thanks, guys! Anyways, I watched Pulp Fiction last night, and really payed close attention to it and I noticed that there is a lot of stuff that points us out to the fact that Marsellus Wallace's soul is in the box. For instance:

    The combo to the briefcase is 666.

    Whenever somebody opens it up, if you listen VERY CAREFULLY, you can hear a soft, deep and quite erethral wind.

    Marsellus Wallace has a big-ass band aid on the back of his neck.

    When Jules and Vincent pump lead into Big-Brained Brett, if you look carefully, right before cutting the scenes with them shooting him, a very similar glow fills the screen.

    If it was porno (courtesy kickingnscreamin) why didn't Vincent take any of it to the bathroom when he went to take a shit? I also noticed that every time Vince goes to take a shit, something VERY BAD happens.

    Marsellus Wallace is rich. Rich people have no souls.

    RINGO: Is that what I think it is? It's beautiful.

    Thanks. Keep 'em coming!

    P.S. This is my favorite Pulp Fiction quote, and also my favorite quote from any movie:

    JULES: What country you from?
    BRETT: What?
    JULES: What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?!?!?!

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Franimall's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2000
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    I think it is bruce wilis's boxing belt
    i am right you know!

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Littlerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Hey!

    Maybe it@s the same light that comes out of my fridge at 2am in the morning when I want some milk?!?!

    Only kidding'!
    biggrin

    ------------------
    Little Rich.
    http://go.to/littlerich
    www.rmsgraffix.freeserve.co.uk
    [email protected]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Littlerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Hey!

    Maybe it@s the same light that comes out of my fridge at 2am in the morning when I want some milk?!?!

    Only kidding'!
    biggrin

    ------------------
    Little Rich.
    http://go.to/littlerich
    www.rmsgraffix.freeserve.co.uk
    [email protected]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member johnny16mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2000
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Samuel L. Jackson was asked in an interview what it was and he quipped..."ALl I saw were two Orange lights attached to a big ass battery."

    Not very helpful but I'm going with the "MacGuffin" idea. Tarantino's films are full of homages to other directors and movies (res dogs was inspired by Godards "A band of outsiders" and "City on Fire.") so it's only obvious that he'd put some hitchcock in there...

    Later,
    J16mm

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Beaumont-4's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So Far:

    1 Marsellus' Wallace's Soul
    2 Shitloads Of Gold
    3 Shitloads Of Toffee Wrappers (I HATE Toffees)
    4 A Gateway To Narnia
    5 A MacGuffin
    6 Jules Laundry
    7 Reservoir Dogs Diamonds
    8 Holy Grail
    9 Porn
    10 Bruce Willis' Boxing Belt
    11 Fridge Light
    12 2 Orange Lights Attached To A Big Ass Battery

    Other Possibilites You Might Want To Consider:

    1 Treasure (Jewles, Diamonds, Pirate Shit)
    2 A Map To Atlantis
    3 An Angel
    4 Fuel For A Faster-Than-Light Starship
    5 An Honest Lawyer
    6 Michael Jackson's Nose
    7 Shitloads Of Really Shiny Objects
    8 Craig Barr's (flmmkr2000) Charm

  7. #27
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    Im just checking, but you guys do know that a Macguffin isnt an actualy thing dont you? I mean its just a name for a plot device....such as I dont know, A roll of Microfilm, a Maltese Falcon, or The Secret of 'What the Matrix really is', or 'Who is the undercover policeman' (Reservior Dogs) Something that the actors want, or chase, or around which the action happens.
    So saying 'The case *might* have a Macguffin in it' doesnt make sense. I mean the case either *is* a Macguffin or its not. Id say it bloody obviously is. But thats a different thing to what is actually in it. I know thats being a bit overdetailed, perhaps, but I just wanted to be clear. I mean a Macguffin isnt the Latest Breakfast Big Mac.. (yet)

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Beaumont-4's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with eddie. The McGuffin itself signifies that something spooky is actually in the briefcase, which makes for a good plot device, but does not actually tell us what is in there, because a McGuffin is not an object. It is a plot device.


  9. #29
    Inactive Member flmmkr2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    At a party in Beverly Hills, CA
    I had the most rare opp. to have a Drink w/
    Quentin, And My question to him was to confirm, the briefcase.

    And straight from the directors mouth
    it is Marcells' SOUL,
    end of story

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Jon Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 1999
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "...having a drink with Quentin..."
    Yeah right! And I'm a monkey's uncle...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •